Monday, December 7, 2009

The Real Lagaan...Of Pride and Honour.



1932 Mysore Football Association Game against Britishers - Pre-Independence Game - The Real Lagaan
Inset Far left sitting on the ground near the trophy and the ball, with the short Moustache my Grandfather - K.S. Narayanmurthy

Dug this out of a cupboard, half eaten picture.  I was two when he passed away and all I heard was stories, I cherish every certificate he ever had, every school record he ever had.  For me a hero who made my family what it is today and what it will be tomorrow.  He played against the British bare naked feet whilst they played with shoes.  He broke two fingers and played on said my Grandmother.  Of what we are left now are routine-bearing bag slinging IT professionals.  Add to this Swimming wins at Mysore Olympics, Being in Yerwada Jail (Nr. Pune) for participating in Dandi March and other stories galore.  Are we even close to getting everything out of life???

I hear a car honking, a smoking exhaust and then it is my work and back home.  Give me my honour ! Find me my pride !

No comments:

Post a Comment